- 50-600 feet water frontage
- Partially gated
- Boat Access
- Proximity to marina, 2 yacht clubs, and Coral Ridge Country Club
- Dead-end streets keep traffic low/residential
Fun, old Fort Lauderdale. Excellent waterfront real estate & condos. Family options. Walkable.
Las Olas Isles fans out along both sides of a stretch on East Las Olas Boulevard from the Intracoastal to its western canal separating the historic thoroughfares commercial and residential districts beginning at South Gordon Road. Though it refers to a specific neighborhood within this section, it’s also a general term for adjoining waterfront neighborhoods such as Seven Isles and Idlewyld.
Some of the area is gated, though not private, while the remainder’s layout ends in dead-end streets to minimize non-resident traffic. Waterfront property ranges from 50 to 600 feet, and deep water canals and non fixed bridges allow vessels to access open water immediately. Some sections have dry lots, but it’s really about living on the water here.
Homes date back to the 1920’s, with new construction of larger interiors and smaller outdoor areas becoming more prominent over the years. Architecture enthusiasts can still pick up an original, pre-war Francis Abreu mansion, and there are a few mid-rise condominiums interspersed on the finger streets concentrating on Hendricks Isle. Landscaping varies depending on the property’s construction date, with a good portion styled in the Old Florida manner.
Residents enjoy proximity to a marina, two yacht clubs and Coral Ridge Country Club. Both the beach and its commercial areas to the east, as well as Las Olas’s famed restaurants and boutiques to the west are all within walking distance. The majority of residents lives here year-round especially in Idlewyld, which caters to families.
- Happy land Day School Type: Private, Early Childhood Program/Day Care Center Level: Preschool,Elementary
- Virginia Shuman Young Elementary School Type: Magnet Level: Elementary
- St Anthony School Type: Private Level: Preschool,Middle,Elementary
- Bethany Christian School Type: Private Level: Preschool,Middle,Elementary
- Harbordale Elementary School Type: Public Level: Elementary
- Anew-generation Christian Leadership Academy Type: Private, Alternative Level: Elementary,High,Middle
- Bayview Elementary School Type: Public Level: Elementary
- Charter School of Excellence Type: Charter Level: Elementary
- Charter School of Excellence 2 Type: Charter Level: Elementary
- Trinity Lutheran School Type: Private Level: Middle,Elementary,Preschool
- Bennett Elementary School Type: Public Level: Elementary
- Sunrise Middle School Type: Magnet Level: Middle
- Elite Behavioral Heath Center Type: Private, Alternative Level: Elementary,Middle,High
- North Side Elementary School Type: Public Level: Elementary
- Henry McNeal Turner Learning Academy Type: Charter Level: Elementary
- Croissant Park Elementary School Type: Public Level: Elementary
- Mavericks High of Central Broward County Type: Charter Level: High